Estate Diamond Jewelry is proud to present our rare collection of 4 carat engagement rings. These fine rings have a center diamond with a weight of at least four carats. The 4 carat diamond rings feature round cuts, Asscher cuts, emerald cuts, old-European and old-mine cuts, cushion cuts, and rose cuts.
Shop Our 4 Carat Rings Collection
5.02ct Estate Halo Ring$58,000
Kent Ring. Circa 1925$45,000
Washington Ring. Circa 1950CONTACT FOR PRICE
Boudry Ring. Circa 1920$42,000
4.02 Carat Diamond Ring$54,000
Alperton RingContact For Price
Beckton Ring. Circa 1950$56,000
Bethpage RingContact For Price
Brilliant Cut Diamond Engagement Ring$88,000
Devon Ring. Circa 1925SOLD
Stafford Ring. Circa 1910$54,000
Stratton Ring. Circa 1920$60,000
Dutchess Ring. Circa 1950$72,000
4.50 Carat Cartier RingContact Us
Cassel RingContact For Price
Swiss Ring. Circa 1950$65,000
Hampshire Ring. Circa 1910 (Antique, Edwardian Era)$61,000
Sherbrooke RingContact Us For Price
How Big is a 4 Carat Diamond Ring?
The picture below is a demonstration of how large a four carat ring might look on your hand. Due to the size of the 4 carat diamond, the ring style will not really require a halo of diamonds around the center. A 4 carat round diamond has an approximate width of 10.30mm and will fill the finger nicely.
Assuming that the average finger size is 17mm, a 4 carat diamond will fill 60% of the finger’s width. The ring will take up 70% – 80% of the finger’s width if you add a halo.
This picture is of a 4 carat vintage engagement ring on a finger. Note the elaborate designs along the shoulders.
How much does a 4 Carat Diamond Cost?
The chart shows the market prices for a 4-carat diamond. Due to the rarity of the 4-carat diamond, the actual price may likely be a lot more. As the diamond weight size becomes larger, so does the premium for its rarity.
Please note that the prices below are for a 4.00-carat diamond. (Obviously, a 4.50-carat would cost substantially more.)
|Color Range||SI1 Clarity||VS1 Clarity||IF Clarity|
The above prices illustrate how much a 4-carat diamond costs. In order to compare 4-carat prices against other carat weights, we have created a list to help you contrast costs:
- 1-Carat, J Color, and VS2 Clarity will cost approximately $5,700.
- 2-Carat, J Color, and VS2 Clarity will cost approximately $17,000. To learn more about 2-carat rings, click here.
- 3-Carat, J Color, and VS2 Clarity will cost approximately $37,000. To learn more about 3-carat rings, click here.
- 4-Carat, J Color, and VS2 Clarity will cost approximately $64,000.
- 5-Carat, J Color, and VS2 Clarity will cost approximately $107,500. To learn more about 5-carat rings, click here.
- 6-Carat, J Color, and VS2 Clarity will cost approximately $129,000.
- 10-Carat, J Color, and VS2 Clarity will cost approximately $215,000.
These prices are approximate for high-quality round-brilliant cut diamonds. A 4 carat emerald cut diamond ring or 4 carat oval diamond ring, for example, would cost less.
Technical 4-Carat Terminology
Like all industries, diamonds have lots of trade terminology that may be lost on the average consumer.
4 Carat Weight vs. 4 Total Carat Weight
It is important to understand jewelry vernacular before making your purchase.
Many jewelers will tally up the diamond weight from all the diamonds in the ring and list the ring with that value. So if, for example, the center diamond is 3.40-carats and the side diamonds and halo diamonds equal 0.66-carats, they will list the diamond ring as a 4.06-carat.
It is very important to pay attention to the details before making your purchase. Carat weight is CW, and Total Carat Weight is TCW.
Please note that at Estate Diamond Jewelry, we don’t believe in listing our rings this way. All the carat weights listed on the rings on our website are based on ONLY the center diamond.
4 Carat vs. 4 Karat
This is one of the most common mistakes that people make when searching for diamond size. These two words sound the same but mean something entirely different.
Carat, as in “four-carat diamond ring”, refers to the weight of the diamond. A 4 carat diamond weighs 800 milligrams. Carat is a direct reference to how heavy the diamond is.
Karat has nothing to do with diamond weight. In fact, it has nothing to do with diamonds at all. Karat refers to the purity of gold. Pure gold is 24-Karats. Gold that isn’t pure, and is mixed with 25% of alloys, will be 18-Karat.
Understanding 4 Carat Vintage Rings
Many of those looking for diamond rings within the 4-7 carat range are looking for antique diamonds and rings. There are usually many reasons for this preference, but the two most popular reasons are the ethical advantage and the superior craftsmanship.
Ethical Advantage: Antique rings and diamonds have the furthest connection to supporting wars and global atrocities. Even with all the current regulations, you can never be certain of the true origin of modern diamonds. Antique rings, however, have already been in circulation for over 100 years.
Additionally, antique diamonds and rings aren’t contributing to the environmental repercussions that occur due to the unregulated and ineffective ecological mining practices.
Craftsmanship: The rings that are produced today aren’t a fraction as good as the rings that were crafted during the Edwardian and Art Deco Eras. Those that are looking for rings of finer quality usually gravitate towards rings that were handcrafted between 1900 – 1945.
To view our entire collection of vintage engagement rings, click here.
How to Buy 4 Carat Diamond Engagement Rings?
Buying a 4 carat diamond ring is a big decision. Here at Estate Diamond Jewelry, we have been curating 4 carat diamond rings for over 35 years. There are several things that you should know before making your decision. Here is our top advice.
- First and foremost, research the sellers. Buying a 4-carat diamond is a big decision. Make sure that your seller has a pristine reputation. Check Google Reviews, Yelp and BBB.
- Request documentation and certifications. There will likely be documentation for the diamond. Request to view the information and analyze it carefully.
- Speak with an insurance broker and ensure that your new ring will be covered. Losing or breaking a 4 carat ring without insurance is a terrifying thought.
- Learn the characteristics of the diamond and then research what it means. Arming yourself with knowledge is the most effective way to shop for your diamond.
- Ask for the history of the diamond and/or ring. Ensure that it is ethically sourced.
If any of the rings interest you, please contact our dedicated staff to inquire about the ring you have in mind. They will be happy to help you and will be able to search our inventory and find you the rest of the 4 Carat Engagement Rings from our collection.
Handcraft a Custom 4-Carat Ring
Are you looking to custom order a 4-carat diamond ring?
Tell us what you’re looking for, and we will do the rest. Our expert European jewelers have been handcrafting engagement rings for over 30 years. Our custom rings are not made with machines and lasers. Every ring is handcrafted using the tools and techniques of the Great Jewelry Masters of the Art Deco Era.
You can also request your center stone (for example 4 carat oval cut diamond ring).
Understanding our Process:
- Tell us the specifications of your dream diamond and ring (you can also send pictures)
- We will send you a quote (with, if relevant, a few options)
- Our jewelers will begin handcrafting
- The diamond setter will place the diamond in the ring
Do you have any comments or questions about our 4 carat engagement rings? Feel free to reach out to us. We will respond as soon as possible.